Name: Erin Nissen. Year: 3rd Year. Hometown: Colorado Springs. Why Illinois? I loved the people and research.
- CHAMPAIGN, Ill. — Makers of cars, planes, buses – anything that needs strong, lightweight and heat resistant parts – are poised to benefit from a new manufacturing process that requires only a quick touch from a small heat source to send a cascading hardening wave through a polymer.
- Professor Prashant Jain and his colleagues report they can use light to drive two-electron chemical reactions, enhancing a method for converting CO2 into hydrocarbons.
- Illinois Chemistry sophomore Alayna Johnson has been named a Goldwater Scholar for the 2018-19 academic year.
- Kali Serrano, a fourth year PhD student, is the Joint Safety Team (JST) representative for Professor Paul Braun’s research group and currently serves as the only graduate student on the ACS National Committee on Chemical Safety—a prestigious role that comes with partial support to attend all ACS national meetings. Here she discusses her recent work related to lab safety and student safety programs.
- We are proud to announce that Renske van der Veen has received a National Science Foundation (NSF) CAREER Award for her submitted proposal "Ultrafast Imaging and Spectroscopy of Cooperative Phenomena in Photomagnetic Nanomaterials."
- We are proud to announce that Renske van der Veen has won a NSF CAREER Award for her submitted proposal.
- Jeffrey S. Moore, a professor in the Department of Chemistry, has been named a Stanley O. Ikenberry Endowed Chair.
- The Department Announces the Endowment of New Suslick-Sessler Annual Lectureship in Materials chemistryThe department is pleased to announce the endowment of a new annual lectureship in materials chemistry. Dr. Jonathan L. Sessler has generously funded the Suslick-Sessler Lectureship in Materials Chemistry.
- Researchers at Illinois have developed new synthetic strategies for forming monolayer films of conjugated carbon, in various configurations ranging from flat sheets, to balloons, tubes and pleated sheets.