The American Chemical Society (ACS) has announced their 2020 national award winners. Three award winners, Professor Catherine Murphy, Professor Jeffrey Moore and Professor Ken Suslick are among the winners. They will be honored at an awards ceremony on March 24, 2020 in Philadelphia, which coincides with the ACS Spring National Meeting.
- The Sanibel meeting on quantum chemistry, dynamics, condensed matter physics and their biological applications was organized by the University of Florida’s Quantum Theory Project.
- The Illini Success initiative, a campus-wide effort to gather career-related information about recently graduated bachelor’s degree recipients, studies alumni within six months of graduation.
- As a part of its 100th anniversary, International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) sponsored various festivities and awards worldwide, including a Global Women’s Breakfast.
- A ribbon cutting ceremony was held on Wednesday, March 29, 2018 to commemorate the new state-of-the-art Center for Theoretical Chemistry.
- The Department of Chemistry once again ranks sixth overall in US News and World Report 2019 graduate school rankings , and top ten in the analytical, inorganic, organic, physical, and theoretical areas.
- A new state-of-the art hub for theoretical chemists at Illinois has been completed. The Center for Theoretical Chemistry modernizes space in Noyes Lab.