Name: Elliot Brazil
- Ronald D. Archer did his undergraduate education in Physical Science and Mathematics Education and his MS in Chemistry Education, both at Illinois State University.
- We are deeply saddened to share that alumnus and long-time Illinois Chemistry supporter Robert C. Springborn (BS, ’51) passed away on Sunday, January 21, 2018 in Naples, Florida.
- This March, we recognize a few of the many individuals whose lives and work have inspired and promoted the development of women in the chemical sciences.
- Name: William H. (Bill) Pittman
- Chemistry alumnus Ralph Gardner-Chavis (BS, '43) was one of 15 African Americans who worked on the Manhattan Project.
- Stephen Elledge (BS, '78) received a 2017 Breakthrough Prize in Life Sciences.
- In 1990, students and friends of Illinois chemistry professor and alumnus Harold R. Snyder (BS, ’31) established a fund in his memory to support a summer research program for undergraduates interested in organic chemistry.
- Illinois chemistry alumnus Dale C. Blomstrom (PhD, '53) passed away on August 3, 2017, in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Dr. Jinwoo Cheon is a Madhuri and Jagdish N. Sheth International Alumni Award for Exceptional Achievement Recipient.
- Michael Sofia (PhD, '84 chemistry, Katzenellenbogen) has received a 2017 College of LAS Alumni Achievement Award for discovering the cure to Hepatitis C. He will be honored this weekend during the University of Illinois homecoming festivities.
- Alumnus Karol Sokolowski received a Chemistry High Achievement scholarship from an anonymous donor that allowed him to finish his undergraduate education in chemistry.
- The Alumni Achievement Award was established in 1957 to recognize alumni of the University of Illinois who have attained outs
- Revered Peter Arvedson died July 14, 2011, at the age of 74. Beloved husband of Joan. Loving father of Stephen (Tara) and Mark.