Steven C. Zimmerman spoke about his drug discovery efforts for myotonic dystrophy at the David Y. Gin Symposium.
- The 2015 Larine Y. Cowan Make a Difference Award for Leadership in Diversity was given to Professor Steven Zimmerman.
- Graduate students Long Luu and Lien Nguyen, with U. of I. chemistry professor Steven Zimmerman, developed drug compounds that target three pathways associated with myotonic dystrophy type 1.
- When Associate Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering Hyunjoon Kong, graduate student Cartney Smith, and colleagues set out to improve MR imaging (MRI), they turned current contrast age
- A DNA-based glue has been developed by scientists at the University of Illinois, US.
- There’s hope for patients with myotonic dystrophy.
- Researchers at the University of Illinois have designed a small molecule that blocks an aberrant pathway associated with myotonic dystrophy type 1, the most common form of muscular dystrophy.