Douglas A. Mitchell was one of eleven faculty members who was honored with the Provost's Campus Distinguished Promotion Award for 2018.
- Name: Kyle Shelton. Year: Class of 2016. Hometown: Des Moines, Iowa. Why Illinois? I completed a summer rotation in the chemistry department as an undergrad, and knew it was a really great school where I would be supported as a student throughout my Ph.D.
- Douglas Mitchell's research group has created a new bioinformatics tool, RODEO, that promises to capture the breadth of microbial biosynthetic potential.
- Douglas Mitchell is the recipient of the 2016 National Fresenius Award.
- Douglas_Mitchell has been named as a recipient of one of this year's Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Awards.
- Douglas Mitchell is the recipient of the 2015 Pfizer Award in Enzyme Chemistry.
- Antibiotic resistance is depleting our arsenal against deadly diseases and infections, such as tuberculosis and Staph infections, but recent research shows promise to speed up the drug discovery process.
- Researchers have discovered a new compound that restores the health of mice infected with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), an otherwise dangerous bacterial infection.
- Professor Douglas Mitchell was named one of "Tomorrow's PIs" among a handful of young investigators identified as leaders in the field of genomics by Genome Technology.
- University of Illinois chemistry professor Douglas Mitchell has been named a Packard Fellow in science and engineering.