CHAMPAIGN, Ill. — Makers of cars, planes, buses – anything that needs strong, lightweight and heat resistant parts – are poised to benefit from a new manufacturing process that requires only a quick touch from a small heat source to send a cascading hardening wave through a polymer.
- Professor Jeffrey Moore is the Royal Society of Chemistry Stephanie L. Kwolek Award winner for 2018.
- Name: Timothy P. Moneypenny. Year: 3rd Year. Hometown: Akron, Ohio. Why Illinois? Awesome chemistry department and awesome people.
- Jeffrey S. Moore, a professor in the Department of Chemistry, has been named a Stanley O. Ikenberry Endowed Chair.
- The University of Illinois recently welcomed a noteworthy alumnus of the College of LAS. U.S. Deputy Secretary of Defense Bob Work returned to campus for a tour of several state-of-the-art research facilities.
- Jeffrey Moore, the Murchison-Mallory Professor of Chemistry, a professor of materials science and engineering, and a long-time Beckman faculty member, has been named director of the Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology.
- Jeffrey Moore has been elected to the National Academy of Sciences in recognition of his distinguished and continuing achievements in original research.
- Four University of Illinois chemists, Prashant K. Jain, Jeffrey S. Moore, Catherine Jones Murphy and Ralph G. Nuzzo were among the most highly cited authors as determined by Elsevier Scopus Data.
- Jeffrey Moore, the Murchison-Mallory Professor of Chemistry and professor of materials science and engineering, has been named interim director of the Beckman Institute , effective April 16.
- Jeffrey Moore has been named the Edward Leete awardee for 2015.
- The Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) has named Jeffrey S. Moore, the Murchison-Mallory Professor of Chemistry at the University of Illinois, an HHMI Professor.
- Looking at a smooth sheet of plastic in one University of Illinois laboratory, no one would guess that an impact had recently blasted a hole through it.
- Internal damage in fiber-reinforced composites, materials used in structures of modern airplanes and automobiles, is difficult to detect and nearly impossible to repair by conventional methods.
- Moore group member Michael Evans is teaching a chemistry massive online open course (MOOC) and offered some thoughts on the value of these courses in a recent St. Louis Post-dispatch article titled "Flipped classrooms: homework in class, online lectures at home."
- Jeffrey Moore, an alumnus of Chemistry at Illinois and Murchison-Mallory Professor of Chemistry, has been named as Interim Head of the Department of Chemistry for the 2012-13 year.