The Illini Success initiative, a campus-wide effort to gather career-related information about recently graduated bache
- Alison Fout explores the power to save images. She is researching new catalysts, as an associate professor in chemistry, that could one day solve a growing list of environmental, biological, and energy issues.
- During the annual “Celebrating Diversity, Recognizing Excellence” reception, which was hosted by the Graduate College on Monday, March 4, Lauren Hagler and Tabitha Miller were recognized for public engagement and research excellence.
- William Nebergall (MS, '39) is one of 2019 National Inventors Hall of Fame inductees. He achieved this award with his development of stannous fluoride toothpaste (US Patent No. 2,876,166).
- Catherine J. Murphy is the recipient of the 2019 Remsen Award, presented by the American Chemical Society Maryland Section.
- Chemistry professor Liviu Mirica, who came to Illinois this semester from Washington University, is one of seven researchers who were brought to the university as part of th
- Three chemists rank among the world's most influential on the 2018 Clarivate Analytics Highly Cited Researchers ListNine faculty members at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign have been named to the 2018 Clarivate Analytics Highly Cited Researchers list.
- The gold nanocrystals created by Catherine Murphy carry huge potential The gold nanoparticles created by Catherine Murphy, the Larry R.
- Theodore “Ted” Brown, the founding director of the Beckman Institute at the University of Illinois, celebrated his 90th birthday with family, friends and fo
- With approval from the Board of Trustees, Prof. Liviu Mirica will join the Illinois Chemistry faculty in January 2019 as the William H. and Janet G.
- Prof. Greg Girolami, the William H. and Janet G. Lycan Professor of Chemistry, has received a Campus Award for Excellence in Graduate and Professional Teaching.
- We are excited to announce that Dr. Lisa Olshansky will join our inorganic chemistry area this summer.
- The Department of Chemistry once again ranks sixth overall in US News and World Report 2019 graduate school rankings , and top ten in the analytical, inorganic, organic, physical, and theoretical areas.
- The American Institute of Chemists (AIC) Chemical Pioneer Award recognizes chemists and chemical engineers who have made outstanding contributions advancing the science of chemistry or impacting the chemical industry or the chemical profession.
- Thomas B. Rauchfuss can add another award to his long list of accolades.