Nine faculty members at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign have been named to the 2018 Clarivate Analytics Highly Cited Researchers list.
- Three chemists rank among the world's most influential on the 2018 Clarivate Analytics Highly Cited Researchers List
- The gold nanocrystals created by Catherine Murphy carry huge potential The gold nanoparticles created by Catherine Murphy, the Larry R.
- Theodore “Ted” Brown, the founding director of the Beckman Institute at the University of Illinois, celebrated his 90th birthday with family, friends and fo
- With approval from the Board of Trustees, Prof. Liviu Mirica will join the Illinois Chemistry faculty in January 2019 as the William H. and Janet G.
- Prof. Greg Girolami, the William H. and Janet G. Lycan Professor of Chemistry, has received a Campus Award for Excellence in Graduate and Professional Teaching.
- We are excited to announce that Dr. Lisa Olshansky will join our inorganic chemistry area this summer.
- The Department of Chemistry once again ranks sixth overall in US News and World Report 2019 graduate school rankings , and top ten in the analytical, inorganic, organic, physical, and theoretical areas.
- The American Institute of Chemists (AIC) Chemical Pioneer Award recognizes chemists and chemical engineers who have made outstanding contributions advancing the science of chemistry or impacting the chemical industry or the chemical profession.
- Thomas B. Rauchfuss can add another award to his long list of accolades.
- Dr. Jinwoo Cheon is a Madhuri and Jagdish N. Sheth International Alumni Award for Exceptional Achievement Recipient.
- Alison Fout was awarded the 2017 Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award.
- With more top ten rankings, it's easy to see why Chemistry at UIUC is leading the nation in research and education. With Analytical Chemistry ranked third in the nation, and Inorganic, Organic, Physical and Theoretical Chemistry each ranking between 6th and 8th in their respective areas, Chemistry at UIUC continues to be recognized as one of the premiere Chemistry programs in the United States.