Alexander Scheeline, Professor of Chemistry Emeritus at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and President of SpectroClick Inc.
Professor Alexander Scheeline received his B.S. degree from Michigan State University in 1974 and his Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin in 1978. He joined the faculty at Illinois in 1981. His research interests are in optical spectrometry, nonlinear dynamics, oscillating reactions, and oxidative stress.
- B. S. Chemistry Michigan State University (1974)
- Ph.D. Chemistry University of Wisconsin - Madison (1978)
Distinctions / Awards
- Fellow, Society for Applied Spectroscopy
- Honorary Member, Society for Applied Spectroscopy
- Society for Applied Spectroscopy William F. Meggars Award (1979)
- Society for Applied Spectroscopy William F. Meggars Award (1990)
- ACS Newsmaker Award
- Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation Special Grant in the Chemical Sciences
In The News
I am pleased to announce that Prof. Alex Scheeline is the co-winner of this year’s FACSS Innovation Award, given by the Federation of Analytical Chemistry and Spectroscopy Societies.