Jordan Axelson is an alumnus of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, receiving her B.S. in Chemistry in 2010. After completing her PhD in inorganic synthetic chemistry at the University of California Berkeley under the direction of Prof. Jeffrey Long in 2016, she returned to Urbana to join the instructional faculty here at the University of Illinois. In addition to teaching, Jordan has strong interests in science outreach, communication, and writing and held a AAAS Mass Media Fellowship at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel during the summer of 2017.
- PhD Inorganic Chemistry, University of California Berkeley
- BS Chemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Distinctions / Awards
- 2017 AAAS Mass Media Fellow, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- List of Teachers Ranked Excellent by Their Students, F2016
- Chemistry 232 Elementary Organic Chemistry I
- Chemistry 233 Elementary Organic Chemistry Lab I