With constant changes and updates due to COVID-19, the Department of Chemistry has created this page to direct visitors on our website to the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and resources, which can be found at the University of Illinois COVID-19 site.
Guidelines for the Fall 2022 Semester
As announced in this email from University of Illinois President Tim Killeen, the System is continuing to require all faculty, staff and students be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (defined as 14 days after the final dose of the primary series) if they are able to do so.
If you have been vaccinated and you have not already submitted your vaccination card to the university (e.g., first-year students, new graduate students, transfer students, etc.), you are required to upload a photo of your Vaccination Record Card to the MyMcKinley Portal.
As of Sept. 2, 2022, face coverings are strongly recommended in classrooms during in-person class time. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has given Champaign County a COVID-19 Community Level of “High,” indicating increased COVID-19 spread in our area. The Champaign-Urbana Public Health District (CUPHD) recently issued a strong recommendation for all community members to wear face coverings in all indoor spaces.
- Face coverings are still required in healthcare facilities (COVID-19 testing site, McKinley Health Center, Counseling Center, etc.).
- Face coverings are not required in research labs unless non-COVID-related PPE is needed in the research environment.
- Free face coverings are available for those who need them at the Illini Union Bookstore.
- Face coverings are strongly recommended in classrooms during in-person class time. The Champaign-Urbana Public Health District (CUPHD) has also issued a strong recommendation for all community members to wear face coverings in all indoor spaces.
- For more information, view the Face Coverings page on the university's COVID-19 website.
Free take-home antigen tests located across campus
- Free take-home antigen tests are available on campus for those who want a test.
- Individuals will be required to show their i-card and can pick up one test per day at the following locations while supplies last:
- PAR front desk
- Ikenberry Commons front desk
- ISR front desk
- Orchard Downs office
- Illini Union Bookstore
- Illini Union Quad Shop