Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: I missed my training session, can I reschedule?

A: You can reschedule on a case by case basis if training sessions are still going on. If training  sessions are over then you will not be able to participate in the program.

Q: I forgot the date of my training time or prep room session.

A: Your training and prep room sessions time were emailed to you when you registered. Check it but if you lost it contact thereactprogram@gmail.com

Q: How long does the Prep Room HOUR Last?

A: One Hour.

Q: How long does Training Last?

A: One Hour.

Q: What should I bring to my training Session?

A: If you are participating for Honors, an HCLA. Also a writing utensil and enthusiasm to learn!

Q: I did not receive honors credit for my class?

A: If you have met all the requirements and all paperwork has been submitted contact Dr. Tina Huang, thhuang@illinois.edu

Q: Why haven't I been scheduled yet?

A: Students are continually scheduled throughout the semester. As soon as you are scheduled you will be notified by email.

Q: What is an HCLA?

A: It is an Honors Contract Learning Agreement. This is for James Scholars looking to transform their Chemistry course into an Honors course.

Q: What courses can I take for honors?

A: Chemistry 101, 102, 104, 202, 204, 232, 236, 332 and 436.

Q: Where can I obtain an HCLA?

A: Contact your college office.

Q: How can I become more involved with the program?

A: We are always looking for motivated and energetic individuals who have done a lot with the program. If you are interested please contact us at thereactprogram@gmail.com