1. Raw and scaled exam 1 scores are posted in the gradebook (link to the right). A great learning experience is to correct your exam mistakes. A corrected exam is a huge help to you when studying for the final. But more importantly, correcting the exam now will tell you what you need to do differently for future exams in order to improve.
2. Lon Capa Homework 6 is due by 9 am Tuesday, March 9. Homework 6 covers the Thursday/Friday week 6 assignment on hybridization and delocalized pi bonding. HW #7 is due by 9 am March 16.
3. Quiz 3 must be completed by 9 am Thursday, March 18. It will cover the four lecture assignments 10-13. The quiz will open up sometime on Tuesday, March 16. Text homework for assignments 10-13 will be checked by your discussion TA on Wednesday, March 17.
4. Tom Hummel holds office hours at 10 am on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The Zoom links for the office hours are posted on Lon Capa in a pdf; the links are also here. Please join me if you have questions or if you just want to listen to other student's questions. Also, don't forget about the Virtual Chem Learning Center for another place you can go to ask questions. A link to the Virtual CLC is on the right.
5. Our second exam is Wednesday, April 7 from 7-8:50 pm. It will cover assignments for lectures 10-17.
6. The university has set the time for our Chem 102A final exam. It is 7-10 pm Friday, May 14.
7. The required texts in the course are Chemistry-An Atoms First Approach by the Zumdahls, 2nd edition and the Student Solutions manual that accompanies the text. How you purchase the text (amazon or through the bookstore or through the publisher or ...) is up to you. I just received an email from the Cengage publisher. They are offering the above two required ebooks for $69.99 without making you purchase OWL (which is not required for our class). For this bundle, go to http://www.cengagebrain.com/course/4633328 and choose Subscribe Now and then choose the Cengage Unlimited eTextbooks $69.99 option. If you are having trouble locating the Student Solutions Manual(SSM), do a search by the following ISBN to get the SSM to upload (ISBN = 980357192573). The ISBN number for the text if you buy Cengage Unlimited or Cengage Unlimited ebooks is 9781305274211.
If you are also taking a Calculus class and want this ebook and the calculus courseware along with the required Chem texts, then you need to choose Cengage Unlimited option for 119.99. If you are having issues with your purchase or if you have questions, the contact person at Cengage is Florence Januzik (Florence.Januzik@cengage.com).
Any student taking the course outside of the US: Please visit https://www.cengage.com/purchase-abroad to purchase your Cengage course materials. **You may also call international customer service 1-800-599-3663 between 9am and 6pm eastern time M-F. Be sure you tell them you are a student located in _______ country (wherever you are currently located) taking a higher education course based in the U.S.**