Applicants must send final official transcripts from each institution for all completed university course work, in a sealed envelope (if the original seal from the institution has been broken, it will not be considered official). In addition, international students need to send their certification of degree for all completed degree programs. Please mail all official transcripts and certificates of degree directly to the following address:

Chemistry Graduate Admissions
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
300 A&B Noyes Lab, Box 57-1
600 S. Mathews Avenue
Urbana, IL 61801

(800)516-0276 (US only)

For the purpose of admissions consideration, we encourage you to upload scanned copies of your Official Transcripts or Official Electronic Transcripts with your application. (Important: We will not accept "self-service" unofficial transcripts, class lists, or grade reports. The transcripts you upload must contain, the name of the institution, the name of the student, the university/college seal, the titles of your courses, the number of credits for each course, the number of grade points and/or the letter grade for each course, and the grading scale for your institution.) Any "transcripts" that do not meet those requirements will not be considered transcripts, and those applications will not be considered for admission until a valid transcript has been submitted. 

Please keep in mind that submitting digital/scanned transcripts with the online application does not replace the requirement to submit final official transcripts directly to the Chemistry Graduate Admissions Office, prior to beginning our program. Final official transcripts must be submitted as soon as they become available, and no later than the day you attend orientation with our Chemistry Graduate Program Coordinator. If you have earned a degree, your transcript must indicate the date your degree was conferred, otherwise, it will appear that your degree has not been completed. Your admission into our program will not be considered “complete” until your final official transcripts are received.

Please contact the Graduate Admissions Office if you have any further questions.