Name: Elizabeth Kathleen Neumann
- Name: Ashley Lenhart
- Illinois Chemistry sophomore Alayna Johnson has been named a Goldwater Scholar for the 2018-19 academic year.
- Kali Serrano, a fourth year PhD student, is the Joint Safety Team (JST) representative for Professor Paul Braun’s research group and currently serves as the only graduate student on the ACS National Committee on Chemical Safety—a prestigious role that comes with partial support to attend all ACS national meetings. Here she discusses her recent work related to lab safety and student safety programs.
- Name: Timothy P. Moneypenny
- Erin Nissen, a doctoral candidate in Dana Dlott’s research group at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, has been awarded a Department of Energy National Nuclear Security Administration Stewardship Science Graduate Fellowship (DOE NNSA SSGF) to support her research into chemistry.
- Graduate student Emma Southgate (Sarlah group) has been chosen as a recipient of one of the 2017-2018 Bristol-Myers Squibb Fellowships in Synthetic Organic Chemistry.
- Thomas Osberger (White group) and Andy Thomas (Denmark group) are finalists for the 2017 Reaxys PhD Prize.
- Undergraduate Student Won the 2017 Undergraduate Student Award from the Eastern Analytical SymposiumUndergraduate student Mihail Krumov won the 2017 Undergraduate Student Award from the Eastern Analytical Symposium.
- Graduate student Mark Burgess and postdoc Kenneth Hernandez-Burgos win the “Norman Hackerman Young Author Award” from the Electrochemical Society for the best paper from a young author in the Journal of the Electrochemical Society during 2016.
- Twelve students in the Lincoln Scholars Initiative graduated from the University of Illinois this academic year, making them the second class of LAS students who have earned a degree with support from the successful scholarship program.
- Jerome Davis and Kang Yong Loh received Beckman Institute Undergraduate Fellowships and Ashley Lenhart received a Janssen Gamily Undergraduate Research Award.
- Organic Chemistry graduate student, Emma Southgate, received a 2017 WCC Merck Research Award.
- The Chemistry Department at Illinois is pleased to announce that four graduate students in the program have received the prestigious National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship.
- A Department of Chemistry graduate student, Zachary Goldsmith, was selected as a recipient of the Blue Waters Graduate Fellowship program for the 2017-2018 academic year.