Professor Scott E. Denmark, the R. C. Fuson Professor of Chemistry, is the 2019 recipient of The Journal of Organic Chemistry Outstanding Publication of the Year Award Lectureship.
Awards and Honors
- ACS announces their 2019 Outstanding Publication of year for 'The Journal of Organic Chemistry' is awarded to Professor Scott Denmark
- The Sanibel meeting on quantum chemistry, dynamics, condensed matter physics and their biological applications was organized by the University of Florida’s Quantum Theory Project.
- Charmaine Ong, Chemistry major, was awarded The Illinois Club’s Make A Difference scholarship at their annual Scholarship Brunch on Saturday, March 2.
- The Beckman Institute named five new Postdoctoral Fellows.
- As a part of its 100th anniversary, International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) sponsored various festivities and awards worldwide, including a Global Wom
- During the annual “Celebrating Diversity, Recognizing Excellence” reception, which was hosted by the Graduate College on Monday, March 4, Lauren Hagler and Tabitha Miller were recognized for public engagement and research excellence.
- The Grammaticakis-Neulmann prize is awarded to researchers, under the age of 40, for exceptional achievements in the field of theoretical or experimental photochemistry. This internationally known prize is awarded bi-annually to those that do research for organizations as well as those that do research on their own.
- William Nebergall (MS, '39) is one of 2019 National Inventors Hall of Fame inductees. He achieved this award with his development of stannous fluoride toothpaste (US Patent No. 2,876,166).
- Six staff and academic professionals are being recognized for their particularly noteworthy efforts in advancing the mission of the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences in 2018-19.
- On March 14, 2019, Professor Zaida (Zan) Luthey-Schulten was invested as the Murchison-Mallory Endowed Chair in Chemistry at a ceremony on the Urbana campus.
- Catherine J. Murphy is the recipient of the 2019 Remsen Award, presented by the American Chemical Society Maryland Section.
- Center for Advanced Study Fellows are untenured University of Illinois faculty members whose proposals are selected in an annual competition.
- Cutting edge ideas presented in three minutes or less. In the time it takes for your favorite song to play, University of Illinois graduate students recently showcased their remarkable re
- Three chemists rank among the world's most influential on the 2018 Clarivate Analytics Highly Cited Researchers ListNine faculty members at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign have been named to the 2018 Clarivate Analytics Highly Cited Researchers list.
- Chemistry alumnus traces his success to influential professor at Illinois. This fall, Martin Pomper gathered with others from across the world to be officially inducted the National Academy of Medicine, one of the highest honors in medicine for professional achievement and commitment to service.