We are saddened to share that Rebecca (Becky) J. Simon, long-time director of the School of Chemical Sciences Placement Center and friend to all who she encountered, passed away on October 15, 2018.
- From Jonathan Sweedler, Director, School of Chemical Sciences: I am sad to report that our friend and colleague, Yi-Gui Gao, passed away on Friday, March 30, 2018.
- It is with great sadness that we must report the passing of our emeritus colleague William H. 'Bill' Pirkle, an extraordinarily humble and gifted chemist who made a difference not just in his field of chiral separation, but as a mentor and all-around, avuncular, quirky chemist.
- We are deeply saddened to share that alumnus and long-time Illinois Chemistry supporter Robert C. Springborn (BS, ’51) passed away on Sunday, January 21, 2018 in Naples, Florida.
- Illinois chemistry alumnus Dale C. Blomstrom (PhD, '53) passed away on August 3, 2017, in Wilmington, Delaware.
- He was the inventor of an anti-cancer drug. Ted Taylor was on the faculty in the Department of Chemistry at the University of Illinois in the early 1950's.
- Revered Peter Arvedson died July 14, 2011, at the age of 74. Beloved husband of Joan. Loving father of Stephen (Tara) and Mark.
- DEL MAR, Calif. – Lenore Hey Matheson, 93, of Del Mar, formerly of Dixon, died Sunday, June 26, 2011, at her home. She had been a resident of Del Mar since 1961.
- Joseph John Ursprung, PhD, 87, passed away Friday, June 3, 2011, at Crown Pointe Senior Living Community in Stevensville, MI.
- Ed Dunlop passed away April 26th at age 95. Eleanor Dunlop, his wife, died May 29th at age 90. They had both resided at Cokesbury Village in Hockessin, DE.
- Dr. CLYDE E. ARNTZEN Dr. Clyde E. Arntzen, 95, of Juno Beach died Thursday, July 7, 2011 at the Waterford. Dr. Arntzen was born in Crescent City, IL.
- Dr. C. Gordon McCarty, 75, of Dataw Island, SC passed away peacefully at his home on June 20, 2011.