- Peter Senter (PhD, ’81) part of Seattle Genetics team recognized with an ACS Heroes of Chemistry Award
- The LAS Dean's Quadrangle Award was inaugurated in 2000 to honor people who have demonstrated profound support for the college’s diverse mission and who have personified
- Oxford UP publishes print version of ACS Symposium Series, co-edited by alumnus Jim Hageman (BS, ’64)Oxford University Press has published a print copy of the ACS Symposium Series 1231: The Power and Promise of Early Research, edited by Desmond H.
- Professor Cathy Murphy and alumna Sara Skrabalak (PhD, '07, Suslick) are featured on the ACS website celebrating women in nanotechnology.
- What does it take to have a positive impact on the human experience? It requires bold ideas and the freedom to pursue innovative solutions.
- UI's distinguished faculty hiring program nets the Department of Chemistry its newest affiliate faculty memberDr. Qing Cao (Phd, '09, Rogers) joins the faculty of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign as part of the UI’s distinguished faculty hiring program.
- Professor James Spudich (BS, '63), Stanford University School of Medicine, was chosen to receive the University of Illinois Alumni Achievement Award for 2018.
- CHAMPAIGN, Ill. — Biochemists at the University of Illinois have isolated a protein supercomplex from a bacterial membrane that, like a battery, generates a voltage across the bacterial membrane.
- Name: Elliot Brazil. Year: Graduated with a BS in 2015. Hometown: Olney, IL is my hometown in this country, but I grew up largely in Asia as a child. Why Illinois? It’s a beautiful campus with great academics, and I followed my older brother there.
- Ronald D. Archer did his undergraduate education in Physical Science and Mathematics Education and his MS in Chemistry Education, both at Illinois State University.
- We are deeply saddened to share that alumnus and long-time Illinois Chemistry supporter Robert C. Springborn (BS, ’51) passed away on Sunday, January 21, 2018 in Naples, Florida.