Professor Scott E. Denmark, the R. C. Fuson Professor of Chemistry, is the 2019 recipient of The Journal of Organic Chemistry Outstanding Publication of the Year Award Lectureship.
- ACS announces their 2019 Outstanding Publication of year for 'The Journal of Organic Chemistry' is awarded to Professor Scott Denmark
- Martin Burke and graduate students discovered a new use for an existing drug in the treatment of cystic fibrosisAn approved drug normally used to treat fungal infections could also do the job of a protein channel that is missing or defective in the lungs of people with cystic fibrosis, operating as a prosthe
- For centuries, chemists have been preoccupied with the question of how molecular structure relates to function, be it an antibiotic, fragrance, flame retardant, pigment, or vitamin—essentially, every natural and man-made object on Earth.
- Alison Fout explores the power to save images. She is researching new catalysts, as an associate professor in chemistry, that could one day solve a growing list of environmental, biological, and energy issues.
- Mei Shen will receive the Campus Excellence in Guiding Undergraduate Research Award of 2019.
- As a part of its 100th anniversary, International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) sponsored various festivities and awards worldwide, including a Global Wom
- The Carle Illinois College of Medicine wants Champaign county residents from all walks of life to submit their ideas for improving health care. The goal of Health Make-A-Thon program is to remove traditional barriers to health care innovation, said Marty Burke, associate dean of the engineering-based medical school.
- On March 14, 2019, Professor Zaida (Zan) Luthey-Schulten was invested as the Murchison-Mallory Endowed Chair in Chemistry at a ceremony on the Urbana campus.
- Catherine J. Murphy is the recipient of the 2019 Remsen Award, presented by the American Chemical Society Maryland Section.
- Center for Advanced Study Fellows are untenured University of Illinois faculty members whose proposals are selected in an annual competition.
- Marina Philip is a PhD candidate studying analytical chemistry in the Jonathan Sweedler group.
- Chemistry professor Liviu Mirica, who came to Illinois this semester from Washington University, is one of seven researchers who were brought to the university as part of th
- I have to pass on some sad news to the department: I just learned that our long-time colleague Andrzej Wieckowski passed away yesterday.
- Chemistry professor M. Christina White and graduate student Jinpeng Zhao developed a new catalyst that has the potential to advance the pace and efficiency of drug development.